Submissions: Full Length Papers
Full Paper submission for the Symposium is now closed.
The Technical and Publications Committee thanks the Indian and international geotechnical fraternity for the overwhelming response in submitting Full papers.
Please click here to view complete list of submitted Full Papers.
All papers have been peer-reviewed by minimum two experts. Acceptance along with reviewer comments have been sent to has been sent to 116 papers. Authors are advised to upload their revised papers latest by >28th February 201810th March 2018.
A good number of authors have consented for their paper to be considered for:
- publication in Indian and International Journals in the field of transportation geotechnical engineering.
- Young Geotechnical Engineers’ Award.
Authors who have missed out on these rare opportunities; would be able to do so during submission of revised Final Paper.
Accepted Full paper author’s would then be required to submit their revised full length paper after incorporating the desired information / formatting by February 22, 2018.
Submission of revised Full Paper would be through the portal only. Process of submission will be conveyed along with the reviewer’s comments. Email Submissions will not be accepted.
The revised full length paper will also be reviewed before acceptance. The final acceptance will be based on the technical contents of the full-length paper which, if accepted for publication, may be presented at the symposium either as an oral presentation or as a poster presentation. Authors will be informed about category of presentation (oral or poster) before March 5, 2018.
One delegate can present a maximum of 2 papers at the Symposium.
The language of the symposium is English.
Full Paper Preparation Guidelines-cum-Template can be downloaded from the links given below.
One of the authors of the paper shall necessarily register as delegate latest by 15th March 2018, failing which the paper will not be included in the symposium proceedings.
Awards for Young Geotechnical Engineers
The Centre for Geomechanics and Railway Engineering, University of Wollongong, Australia has offered five Best Paper Awards to young geotechnical engineers publishing paper in this symposium. The value of the award is of Australian Dollars 300/- each.
To qualify for this award:
- Your age should be less than 35 as on April 1st, 2018. Proof of age should be submitted.
- You should be member of Indian Geotechnical Society or member societies of ISSMGE. Proof of membership should be submitted.
- You should be author / co-author of a paper accepted for publication in ISGTI-2018.
A committee consisting of international and Indian experts shall be constituted to select the five best papers out of the papers eligible for the award. The awardees shall be communicated individually and the details will also be put up on the symposium website.
Publication of Conference Papers in Reputed Journals
Subject to peer review by their Editorial Board, following reputed Indian journals have agreed to publish selected papers in their forthcoming issues.
- The Indian Geotechnical Journal
- Bridge and Structural Engineer Journal of the Indian National Group of the International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (ING-IABSE).
- Journal of the Indian Roads Congress.
- International Journal on Transportation Geotechnics -Technical Committee TC-202 on Transport Geotechnics has offered to bring out a special issue on the occasion of 70 years of the Indian Geotechnical Society.
Selected papers presented in the symposium will be published in this issue subject to the following conditions:
- The paper shall be subject to peer review by experts identified by TC-202 Editorial Board.
- The paper will not be a part of the ISGTI 2018 proceedings.
- The author may present the paper in the symposium.
- The peer review process will take 6-7 months; decision on acceptance to include the paper in the special issue shall be communicated a few months after the ISGTI-2018 is over.
- Authors have to submit consent for their paper to be considered for this special publication commemorating 70 years of IGS.
Authors have the option of deciding whether they wish to submit their paper for being considered by any of these journals.
Publication of the paper in the journals is subject to decision of the Editorial Board / Consent to Publish / any other stipulated agreement etc of these journals.
Any changes necessitated after the peer review by Editorial Board of the journals shall have to be made in the selected papers for being published in these journals. This communication would be solely between the author and the editorial board of the journal.
The symposium organizers do not accept any responsibility or liability in this matter.